Teachers graduated from our 100 hour Unnata teacher certification program have a deep understanding of safety precautions, energetic and emotional effects of the practice. With this knowledge and confidence our certified teachers are able to put together beautiful and insightful classes.
Testimonies from our teacher students:
“I wanted to thank you for making me a better teacher, this training was everything I was needing to move forward and become a better mom too.” - Crissy
“Thank you again for a truly life-changing experience, and for being my friend.” - Ellen
“I completed an 8 day (2 sessions) aerial yoga teacher training recently and it was one of the best trainings I have ever done. Pik Chu, the owner and an excellent yoga teacher, is a wonderful mentor. I highly recommend this place and I am the pickiest yoga student/teacher I know! “ - Amy
“I really enjoyed the Unnata Aerial Yoga Training and Pik Chu was a wonderful teacher. You have created such a beautiful and amazing practice! I am honored to be a student and I look forward to becoming part of the Unnata Aerial Yoga family.” - Kris
"I have been having such an AMAZING experience with my training for aerial yoga at The Yoga Studio. Anyone who is thinking of doing the aerial yoga certification should not hesitate, as Pik Chu Wong is an inspirational leader, knowledgeable beyond belief and has the passion to back it up. Everything about her studio; the instructors, the natural light and the energy just reflects the type of leader she is. It has been an incredible journey that I am proud to end with many new friends." - Victoria
2013 Spring Schedule:
Unnata Aerial Yoga Teacher Training Part I Thur,Fri,Sat,Sun 3/21/2012 - 3/24/2012
Unnata Aerial Yoga Teacher Training Part II Thur,Fri,Sat,Sun 4/25/2012 - 4/28/2012
2013 Summber Schedule:
For Cerifitied and non-Certified Yoga Teachers:
TYS Aerial Yoga Teacher Training Part I Thur,Fri,Sat,Sun 6/6/2013 - 6/9/2013
TYS Aerial Yoga Teacher Training Part II Thur,Fri,Sat,Sun 7/11/2013 - 7/14/2013
2013 Fall Schedule:
Unnata Aerial Yoga Teacher Training Part I Thur,Fri,Sat,Sun 9/12/2013 - 9/15/2013
Unnata Aerial Yoga Teacher Training Part II Thur,Fri,Sat,Sun 10/17/2013 - 10/20/2013
TYS Gentle Aerial Yoga Teacher Training Mon, Tue 10/21/2013 - 10/22/2013
Price: $1480 including tuition and application fees.
Learn to teach one of the fastest growing styles of Yoga – Aerial Yoga
Our Aerial Yoga teacher training is a Yoga based, rather than acrobatic, form of Aerial Yoga using the soft Yoga Hammock to practice traditional Hatha Yoga. The hammock is a prop like a strap or block, intended to assist alignment, deepen awareness and provide the immediate benefit of spinal decompression. With the weight of the body partially or fully supported along with the help of gravity, we can explore and create space in our bodies as intended in traditional Yoga practice. Without the compression of the joints and spine we can achieve proper posture and alignment through relaxation rather than effort, therefore finding a more balanced and unencumbered expression of each pose.
Aerial Yoga has become the fastest growing style of Yoga due to its unparalleled ability to:
• Decompress tight areas within the body
• Relieve pressure while creating perfect and natural alignment in the vertebrae
• Practice advanced Yoga poses normally not accessible
• Perform advanced yoga inversions without neck or back compression
• Hold challenging Yoga poses longer and in correct alignment
• Stretch further with less strain
• Have greater freedom and range of movement
• Enhance the prana flow within the body
There are 3 tracks for this two part certification offering you more options to meet your needs:
• Unnata Aerial Yoga Teacher Track - this is for certified Yoga teachers who would like to learn about Unnata's unique teaching style and use the Unnata license trademark name.
• Aerial Yoga Teacher Track - This is for experienced and approved fitness instructors who would like to start teaching Aerial Yoga.
• Student Track - This is for students who would like to deepen their understanding and love for their Aerial Yoga practice.
To receive a teaching certificate, you must have completed both Part I and Part II of the Aerial Yoga Teacher Training.
Part I of the Aerial Yoga Teacher training provides you with a deeper understand of:
• the energetic (prana flow) and physical affects
• the benefits of Aerial Yoga
• ways to safely assist students in and out of Aerial Yoga poses
• the emotional, physical and spiritual effects
• how to sequence an Aerial Yoga class
Part II of the Aerial Yoga Teacher training you will build upon the foundation learned from Part I and continue to advance your understanding and the practice of Aerial Yoga by:
• learning how to do and teach intermediate Aerial Yoga poses
• structuring different types of classes based on the poses you have learned
• sharpening on your teaching skills
• learning the basics of rigging
• understanding the business side of Aerial Yoga
• For additional information and to request for an application please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• once accepted a deposite of $329 is due to reserve a spot
Gentle Aerial Yoga Teacher Training with Pik Chu Wong
Cost: $599 including tuition and application fees.
Gentle Aerial Yoga is gentler form of Aerial Yoga with the hammock hung only one foot from the floor. The hammock being close to the floor removes the fear of being suspended and allows for much softer and gentler skin contact with the hammock. This gentler form of flowing movement energizes the body, sooths tired muscles and releases tight areas, a great way to awaken and rejuvenate the body, mind and spirit.
For additional information please email us at email@example.com