TYS™ Aerial Yoga is an intelligent and complex style of Aerial Yoga. Instead of just linking the breath to the movement, you begin to move like the breath, in a wave of Yin and Yang.
What is TYS™ Aerial Yoga?
TYS™ Aerial Yoga has its deep roots in Unnata® Aerial Yoga, Ashtanga and Yin yoga. TYS™ Aerial Yoga is an intelligent and complex style of Aerial Yoga. It keeps you moving from one pose to the next, whether it’s on the mat or in the hammock, in a deep and slow flow. Instead of just linking the breath to the movement, you begin to move like the breath, in a wave of Yin and Yang as it …
- Repeats the cycle of heating and cooling the body
- softens the muscles through compression and decompression
- integrates the body together as well as pulling it apart, in a good way
- grounds the body then elevates it again physically and energetically
TYS® Aerial Yoga applies a “3Rs” technique through the use of the hammock. It releases, realigns and rebuilds the body. A transformation cannot happen until we are willing to:
- let go of the old, to “release”
- trust and surrender yourself to the greater force of gravity, to “realign”
- gain greater awareness, strength and flexibility, to “rebuild”
The result is what Pik Chu calls the “transformation through practice,” in the mind, body and spirit.
What Happens In a Typical Class?
You will use the Hammock to help you find your bandhas (energy locks), awaken your chakras (energy centers), increase flexibility and strengthen the body. You will find a lot of the same elements as in an Ashtanga and Yin yoga class. Like Ashtanga it is alignment based, has fun transitions and at times feels like a power class. Like Yin it goes deep as you quiet your body down and let gravity do the work for you. TYS™ Aerial Yoga is a Yoga class, so we may focus on shoulders one day and back bends the next. We may explore all the different ways of getting into Half Pigeon, or explore traditional asana up in the air. There is never a dull moment, so let go of any expectations and come to experience the joy of exploration.
How Do I Prepare for an Aerial Yoga Class?
- Do not use hand lotion before class.
- Do not wear jewelry, belts, or clothing with zippers or buttons, gems, or anything that could potentially snag the fabric. Avoid shorts or very baggy clothing.
- Bring a yoga mat to class.
- Wear a shirt that covers your underarms completely.
- Bring a large towel or thick sweatshirt for padding until you are used to the feeling of the fabric.
- Please trim your finger nails and toenails.
- Avoid eating or drinking acidic liquids an hour prior to class.
- Please observe good personal hygiene and wear deodorant.
Please talk to the instructor before attending class if you have any medical issues that may prevent you from inverting (glaucoma, heart condition, etc.) or putting pressure on your skin. If you have a spinal injury or medical condition, check with your doctor first.
Contact email@example.com with any additional information.